Proud to be ‘The Greener Dry Cleaner’
Whilst you may know us from our branches on the high street, we thought we’d use this opportunity to remind our customers, old and new, about our green credentials, because it’s something we’re very proud of.
For over two decades we have been researching in and investing ways to clean high-end garments in a more eco-friendly, non-toxic and odour free environment, whilst reducing our carbon footprint.
Our low carbon footprint has been achieved by investing in bespoke water filtration systems, recycling 85% of the water we use, distillation chemistry to clean and reuse up to 60% of solvents in our processes and odour free wet cleaning technology developed by Miele and Krussler from Wiesbaden in Germany. We also source 70% biodegradable licensed plastics from Scandinavia for our packaging.
We also have a number of additional measures in place to minimise our carbon footprint and ensure we offer a greener service including:
• We recycle 80% of our cardboard packaging waste
• We recycle 90% of our steam heating for our production units
• We use environmentally friendly wet-cleaning technology
• All our detergents are phosphate free
• All our dry cleaning machines use heat pump technology to help generate energy savings
• We optimise machine configurations to use the least amount of energy, steam and water necessary
• Our van fleet uses the latest clean-burn diesel engine technology
• We recycle hangers and packaging plastics
Whilst this has sometimes been a challenging journey to get right, our commitment has been rewarded with a European Union environmental certification.
We continue to work in conjunction with our counterparts and sponsor R&D in laboratories around the world to develop successful non-toxic biodegradable detergents that support modern day natural and synthetic fibres to keep clothes newer for longer.
We are also passionate about encouraging our environmentally conscious customers to return hangers and packaging for recycling.
Today we are recognised by our industry peers and on the high street as a market leader in this field and are proud that every day we are continuing our goal and reputation as ‘the greener dry cleaner’.